United Arab Emirates is an Arab country in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf. It is made up of seven emirateswhich are Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah and Umm al Quwain. If you want to go on vacation somewhere where you can find everything in just one place, UAE is the place for you.
1. The Burj Khalifa: Standing proudly amidst the tourist haven that is Dubai, the tallest building in the world, the BurjKhalifa is impossible to miss. A true marvel of modern design and architecture, it is surely one of the wonders of the modern world. The glistening sun on the silver metal in the daylight as well as the gleaming lights at night time, are a spectacular sight to see.
2. Mall of Emirates:A heaven for all types of shopaholics, the Mall of Emirates is one of the biggest malls in Asia. It is home to stores from all over the world including Louis Vuitton, Giordano, and Forever 21 among many, many others. If you‘re not into shopping, you can always go watch a movie in their 3D IMAX theatre. If you’re not in the mood for a movie, you can even go skiing. You read that right. Skiing. The mall of Emirates Is home to Ski Dubai which is a genuinely great Ski experience with the longest run around 1300 feet.
3. Atlantis:Based on the myth of Atlantis, ‘The Palm Dubai’ or Atlantis is an underwater themed resort. The views from over 1500 guestrooms and suites are absolutely breath taking. To top it all off, there are many attractions for both adults and children. AquaVenture is a water park stretching over 42 acres. With seven water slides and 2.3 km river ride consisting of cascades, tidal waves and rapids. Along with that, there is a Dolphin Bay where you can play and interact with Dolphins and an Ambassador lagoon which is a 11 million litre marine habitat with a viewing panel looking into the mystical ruins of Atlantis. This is one place you definitely don’t want to miss.
4. Ferrari world: Do you like roller coasters? The wind in your hair and the thrill of the speed? Want to go on the fastest roller coaster in the world? Situated in Abu Dhabi, Ferrari world offers that and so much more. Ferrari world is a Ferrari themed indoor theme park. From virtual tours to roller coasters to feeling like flying over Italy, Ferrari world offers a wide variety of entertainment. If you love Ferraris, this is your heaven.
5. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: When in an Arab country, you have to see the majestic mosques. The largest mosque in UAE, it is a place worth visiting. Situated in Abu Dhabi, the design and construction ‘Unites the world’, using artists and materials from all over the world including Italy, United Kingdom, China, Greece and many others. More than 3000 workers and 38 contracting companies took part in the construction of the mosque. At night, the unique lighting, done by one of the best lighting architects of the world reflects the phases of the moon, making the view glorious.
There are many other places to go and things to see including the Jumerah beach walk, commonly known as JBR, The desert safaris complete with camel rides, Arabian food and belly dancers, or even the countless museums spread out over the Emirates.
Exchanging currency in the UAE is an easy task with such providers as Travelex offering a range of tools such as currency converters and up to date exchange rates. It takes 1 US Dollar to get 3.67 Dirhams in return and there are numerous registered money exchangers operating in the Emirati states. You can also use your credit cards, check books and debit cards to finance your transactions and stay in the UAE.